If you know your space needs new folding tables, how do you know which ones to get?
With our comprehensive folding tables buying guide, you’ll know everything you need to know about purchasing commercial folding tables. We’ll cover what types of folding tables are available and the key considerations before purchasing.
All About Folding Tables
Explore the various aspects of folding tables, including their benefits and what to consider, before investing in units for your space.
The First Thing to Consider
When considering table types, consider the events you host that incorporate folding tables. Foldable tables work well for:
- Corporate events
- Training sessions
- Weddings and parties
They’re also beneficial in the following locations:
- Schools and college campuses
- Medical facilities
- Nursing homes
- Religious buildings
- Offices, breakrooms, and boardrooms
- Government buildings
Keep in mind how you will use your space as you look through our guide. This information makes it easier to choose the best table for your needs.
The Benefits of Folding Tables
Folding tables are easy to store in small places, like closets or outdoor sheds, to ensure plenty of open space when needed. They are lighter than traditional tables, making it far easier to rearrange and transport them. Foldable tables usually cost less than stationary tables, saving you money.
Types of Folding Tables
What’s a folding table? It may seem like a simple question, but it’s always helpful to cover the basics before getting into the more complex details. A folding table can be partially or fully collapsed for storage, making the table easier to store and transport.
The main types of foldable tables include:
- Folding legs: Only the legs fold upward, allowing for storage with tables standing on the end for easier storage.
- Folding top: The top folds down, while the legs remain in the same position. This design is often called a nesting table. It often has wheels for easier transportation.
- Folding legs and top: Both the top and legs fold, creating a more compact table for storage.
Folding table parts like hinges and leg locks need to be high quality and durable. In commercial use, these parts of the table will really take a beating when tables are set up and taken down multiple times a day.
Aside from how the table folds, you should consider the different shapes, heights, and features.
1. Table Shape
The shape of your tables can have a significant impact on their usefulness. The following are some of the most common shapes.
- Circular: Available in round and oval shapes, these tables are best for parties, conferences, or events where food is served.
- Square or Rectangular: These are best for more formal events like meetings or conferences. They are also popular for banquet use.
- Corner Round: These fit into corners of the room, allowing you to save space while providing an area for displays, food, or supplies.
- Serpentine: Featuring a curved design, this type of table is great for a buffet or display, or for long rows of guests seated “family style.”
- Semi-circle: With a half-round design, a semi-circle table is versatile, fitting into both formal and informal events. It can be combined with rectangular tables to create a large “U” shaped table, using the semi-circular tables at the corners.
2. Table Height
The height of tables you need depends on how you plan to use them. Options include:
- Bar Height: These are best for cocktail parties and events that don’t require much sitting down.
- Regular Height: Standard height tables are the most common and easily incorporated into any meeting or event.
- Adjustable Height: Some tables can sit at different heights, making them more versatile as they accommodate any need.
Foldable tables have even more features to consider, such as:
- Table Legs: Some tables have legs that go straight down to the floor, while others’ legs bow outward to improve stability.
- Handles: Some foldable tables have attached handles for simplified setup and transport.
- Modesty panels: Another feature to consider is a panel that comes down in front of the table, blocking the view of the legs of those seated.
Other Key Considerations When Buying
When you decide that you need foldable tables, consider the following aspects.
1. Intended Use
The intended use of each table should play a key role in what you choose. It’s also helpful to consider what chairs or other seating you plan to use with the table, as they must fit comfortably beneath it and complement it visually.
2. Tabletop Material
The material of each table impacts its appearance and function. Smooth, wood or stone inspired tops often look better, meaning you may not need a table cover. Other materials may be more chip resistant, or easier to keep clean.
When you shop the selection of MityLite tables, you have your pick of the following materials:
• High pressure laminate
• ABS plastic
• Compact laminate
• Thermally fused laminate
3. Storage and Transportation
Your MityLite Sales Rep can help you determine how many tables you need and the room capacity of each room at your facility by sending you several room layout options. Before buying, measure your storage space to ensure all tables and chairs will fit when they aren’t in use.
It’s also worth getting a cart to carry and store multiple folding tables at once. Heavier tables will be more difficult to move, so investing in lighter tables will make your life more manageable.
Top Recommendations for Folding Tables
The best table for your event space will depend on the types of gatherings you host and the available storage space. We recommend choosing tables in different sizes and shapes to accommodate a range of needs.
The current trend is using linenless tables (which feature a laminate tabletop) for business events. Banquets, weddings, and formal events sometimes go with linenless tables (for a modern look) but often prefer traditional round or rectangular banquet tables with linens covering them.
You can sort our selection of folding tables by size, shape, material, or line, ensuring you get exactly what you need.
Choose MityLite for Your Folding Table Needs
Utilizing your space to its fullest extent is easier when you have the right equipment. Folding tables are the best addition, allowing you to rearrange the room when needed while ensuring easy storage. Shop the high-quality selection at MityLite to take advantage of the benefits of folding tables.
Call 800-909-8034 to get in touch with a dedicated sales rep today!